The All-New 2016 Honda Civic Has Arrived at Whitby Oshawa Honda!
The dynamic new Civic is the most ambitious remake of Honda's iconic nameplate
- All-new dynamic Civic sports new 1.5L Turbo and 2.0L engines
- Civic production is led for the first time by Canadian manufacturing operations
The completely redesigned tenth generation 2016 Honda Civic Sedan will arrive at dealerships across Canada on November 12. The best-selling car in Canada for the past 17 consecutive years comes with a host of upgrades including two new engines, a more athletic sport-inspired exterior and interior, and Honda Sensing; a host of safety and driver assistive technologies. The MSRP of 2016 Honda Civic starts at $15,990 on the DX model toward $26,990 for the fully loaded Touring model.
"The tenth generation Civic represents one of the most comprehensive and ambitious new-model developments ever undertaken by Honda, requiring an unprecedented commitment of R&D resources and Honda engineering prowess," said Dave Gardner, senior vice president, Honda Canada Inc." The result is a perfect marriage of performance and packaging that will build on the Civics storied history and icon status."
Virtually everything about the 2016 Civic Sedan is new - an all-new vehicle architecture, sporty and sophisticated new interior and exterior styling, a more spacious and high-quality cabin, two advanced new engines, and a host of new premium features and technologies.
Further, with the addition of Honda Sensing™ safety and driver-assistive technologies and the first application of Honda turbo engine technology to a Civic in North America the 2016 Civic Sedan offers buyers a wider range of options than ever before. Civic models powered by the new 2.0-litre i-VTEC™ engine are designated as the Civic DX, LX and EX trims. Civic models powered by the new turbocharged 1.5-litre engine are designated as the EX-T and Touring, which reaches higher into the upper end of the compact car market than ever before.
|LX w/Honda Sensing||$21,190|
|EX w/Honda Sensing||$23,590|
Major new technologies, features and capabilities of the 2016 Civic Sedan, depending on trim, are as follows:
- Turbocharged 1.5-litre DOHC direct-injected engine
- 2.0-litre DOHC i-VTEC engine
- NRCAN fuel economy ratings of CVT: 7.6/5.5/6.7 (L/100km) (city/highway/combined)1 for models with 1.5-litre turbo and CVT and 7.8/5.8/6.9 (L/100km) for models with the 2.0-litre engine and CVT
- Ultra-rigid body with 59-percent application of high-strength steel and 14- percent application of ultra-high-strength steel (up from 55 percent and 1 percent, respectively, in the previous model) - the most extensive use of high-tensile steel ever in a Civic
- 31-kg reduction in unibody weight versus the previous Civic Sedan, despite its larger size and greater stiffness
- ACE™ body structure with new crash stroke design (Honda and Civic first) for improved collision performance in a sportier, more compact front frame design
- Ultra-high-strength steel B-pillars and rear frame rails with selectively-tempered "soft zones" for reduced weight and enhanced collision performance (Civic first)
- Ultra-rigid 590-mpa high-strength-steel floor pan for a lighter yet stronger overall structure (Civic first)
- Most tightly sealed Civic body ever, with a 58 percent improvement in air leak performance over the previous model
- Premium noise isolation materials and design features that combine with the tightly sealed body for refined cabin quietness.
- New multi-link independent rear suspension
- Hydraulic compliance bushings for premium levels of ride quality and road vibration isolation (Civic first)
- Larger stabilizer bars with bonded bushings for more refined body control (Civic first)
- Rigid aluminum rear damper brackets for improved ride quality (Civic first)
- Agile Handling Assist brake torque vectoring for cornering precision and stability (Civic first)
- Dual-pinion electric power steering with variable gear ratio for improved steering feel and maneuverability (Civic first)
- Available LED exterior lighting
- Complete underbody covering for fuel efficiency and cabin quietness
- Flush mounted, acoustic glass windshield (LX grades and up)
- Capless refueling
- 2769L (LX) of passenger volume (+91L vs. previous Civic Sedan) - the most spacious cabin in the compact class
- New ultra-thin A-pillars for enhanced forward visibility
- Premium, soft touch cabin materials exceeding current class standards
- Available Display Audio touchscreen with Android Auto2 and Apple CarPlay®3 compatibility (Civic first)
- New available tilting driver's seat cushion for improved thigh support
- Premium comfort and convenience features including available Remote Engine start, Smart Entry with Push Button Start, electronic parking brake, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated rear seats, rain-sensing wipers and wireless charging
Safety and Driver Assistance
- Honda Sensing™ safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Next-generation ACE™ body structure
- New crash stroke front frame design
- Ultra-rigid 590-mpa high-strength steel floor pan for enhanced collision performance
- Targeted highest-available collision performance safety ratings - a 5 star Overall Vehicle Score in the US NHTSA's NCAP and a TOP SAFETY PICK+ from the IIHS (Civic first)
Civic is Honda's longest-running automotive nameplate and its largest selling model globally. Its Canadian introduction came in 1973, when Civic was heralded for its refined driving dynamics, quality construction and world-class fuel efficiency. The revolutionary CVCC (Compound Vortex Controlled Combustion) engine debuted in Civic and cemented Honda's place in history as a leader in powertrain innovation. Over the course of ten generations, the Civic has continuously evolved to meet the changing needs of Honda customers in North America and around the world, and has consistently set the bar for fuel efficiency, driving performance and design innovation in an affordable compact-class vehicle.
Civic Quick Facts
- Honda has produced and sold nearly 35 million Civics globally
- Cumulative Canadian sales of Civic reached 1,902,518 at the end of October 2015
- Civic has been Canada's best-selling passenger car for 17 consecutive years
- North American production of Civic began in 1986 in Marysville, Ohio, and has now surpassed 9 million units. Honda of Canada Mfg. began producing the Civic in 1988
For more information, please visit HondaNews.ca.
1 Estimated fuel economy based on Government of Canada's 5-cycle testing method. Your actual fuel consumption will vary based on driving habits and other factors - use for comparison only. For more information on 5-cycle testing, visit https://vehicles.nrcan.gc.ca
2 Android Auto™
Android Auto is provided by Google Inc. and only compatible with certain Android devices and operating systems. Devices, cables and adapters are not included and must be purchased separately. Cellular data and/or voice charges may apply, including roaming charges and/or other amounts charged by your wireless carrier.
3 Apple CarPlay™
Apple CarPlay is provided by Apple Inc. and only compatible with certain Apple devices and operating systems. Devices, cables and adapters are not included and must be purchased separately. Cellular data and/or voice charges may apply, including roaming charges and/or other amounts charged by your wireless carrier.